Rekindle Memories started on the 1st of July 2017. It is about treasuring each memory (past or present) by remembering and appreciating life in all its wonder and beauty through sketching and painting wherever we are in the world.
How it works
- Every first week of the month, create one (or as many!) sketches/paintings inspired by your life.
- Share your artworks and tag #rekindlememories. No social media? Email your artworks: email@example.com
- If you know anyone who would like to take part of this art challenge, please invite them to join the fun! If you wish to be with other Rekindle Memories artists, please go here.
- What should I draw/paint? What medium should I use?
– Your memories could be from the past where you saw a photograph of mountains that made you remember the wonderful memory of hiking it with your friends. Or your memories could be present where you recently bought a coffee press that made you remember how awesome the coffee was. You can use any medium. Be creative!
- Can I post old artworks?
– Yes, you can. Please tell us why that painting was special to you. I encourage you to try paint something new during the challenge. Turn each day into wonderful memories.
- Where should I share my artworks?
– You can share it on Facebook, Instagram, Rekindle Memories group in Facebook or in Doodlewash. If you don’t have social media, you can email them to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where can I see the artworks of other artists who have participated?
– On Instagram or Facebook, you can type the #rekindlememories. If you go to the groups mentioned in #3, you can also see their artworks. I also compiled all the artworks and stories and made it into a blogpost and gallery which you can see below. Please leave some love and support to the artist’s work when you drop them a visit!